Let’s get this party started. This is what you’ll need to pull of this trick:
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 3 scoops chocolate ice-cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 170 grams dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids)
- 80 millilitres water
- whipped cream
- shaved chocolate
- For chocolate syrup, stir sugar and 80ml water in a saucepan over medium heat until dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook without stirring until dark caramel.
- Remove from heat, add 400ml water and chocolate and stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth; transfer to a container and refrigerate until required. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Pour a little chocolate syrup into 4 tall chilled serving glasses and refrigerate while you make the shakes. Blend milk, two-thirds of the ice-cream and chocolate syrup to taste in a blender until frothy, then pour into chilled glasses. Add a scoop of ice-cream to each glass, top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. There you go. Well done. We knew you could do it.
Recipe adapted from the Gourmet Traveller.