For the lasagne
3 medium zucchinis
1 large onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp oregano, fresh and chopped
1 Tbsp basil, fresh and chopped
1 Tbsp thyme, fresh and chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups button mushrooms, chopped
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cups spinach, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
⅓ cup water
For the white sauce
350ml ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
⅓ cup feta cheese
½ cup grated mozzarella
1 Tbsp grated parmesan
1. Cut the zucchinis in long, thin strips, place them on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
2. Fry the mushrooms and the chopped spinach for 5 minutes until almost cooked and set aside.
3. Brown the onions until golden, add the garlic and stir for about 2 minutes.
4. Now add the chopped tomatoes, red pepper and chopped basil, stir and let cook for 10 min.
5. Add the spinach, mushroom, water, oregano, thyme and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
8. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
9. Combine all the ingredients for the white sauce and give it a good mix.
10. In a deep, oven-safe dish – lay a thin layer of the filling, spoon a little bit of the white sauce over, spread well and lay a layer of the zucchini. Repeat the above process until you scoop the last bit of white sauce over the top.
11. Top with the three cheeses and bake for 30 minutes.