The Apartheid Museum is the first of its kind and houses a number of exhibits to stroll through from film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts. The museum is a beacon of hope and houses a series of 22 individual exhibition areas where visitors can take a walk through history and view the dramatic and emotional journey of racial discrimination and the struggle to overthrow Apartheid. The museum gives visitors an understanding and a chance to experience what Apartheid in South Africa was like. A visit to this museum is fundamental.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Restaurant Week 2017
- Unisa Has All The Tools To Make You A Crime-Fighting Hero
- Play Date Ideas
- Where To Find Outdoor Furniture
- Swimwear Boutiques In The City
- Getting To Know Caralishious
- Where To Find Awesome Gym Gear
- Swimming Schools In Joburg
- Homemade Baby Food Businesses
- Getting To Know PTCH BLCK Studio
- Nanny/Au Pairing Agencies In Joburg
- Women's Day Spa Specials 2017
The Apartheid Museum is located in Johannesburg South.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 4853 reviews
It is a must see in South Africa, you can't ignore the significant history of this country. To see it first hand is overwhelming.
Althea M Says:
To get a better understanding of what happened in South Africa during the Apartheid then this is where to go. Very informative--> can be abit confronting seeing all the images of what happened back...
Very interesting place, it was a pity, that several loudspeakers did not work, others were way too loud, the films did not all play, etc.