The museum is a beacon of hope and houses a series of 22 individual exhibition areas where visitors can take a walk through history and view the dramatic and emotional journey of racial discrimination and the struggle to over throw Apartheid. The museum gives visitors an understanding and a chance to experience what Apartheid in South Africa was like. A visit to this museum is fundamental.
To find out more about the Apartheid Museum, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- SHF Has Something Extra Special For You This Valentine’s Day!
- Scholars, You’re Invited To The Annual International Education Expo!
- Love Is In The Air At Mall Of The South
- Get Your Lunch Box Treats Sorted And Stand A Chance Of Winning!
- Great Offices Spaces In Joburg
- Book Your Romantic Dinner For Valentine's Day 2017!
- Your Date Night/Day Sorted – Date Ideas In The City
- Thompsons Has The Perfect Romantic Escape
- Get Your Valentine’s Day Shopping Sorted With Bagmee
- Cafes To Cycle To
- Where To Find The Wedding Dress Of Your Dreams
- Explore The City By Bike
To get clued up on South Africa’s history and the rise and fall of Apartheid, the Apartheid Museum is the first of its kind and houses a number of exhibits to stroll through from film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 3907 reviews
This is a heart breaking experience which demonstrates the racial oppression that existed in South Africa until 1994. It is not easy to understand the level of inhumanity which existed in such a...
Definitely a must see in Joburg. So much history, you can spend all day there. The entrance is pretty interesting, the back of your ticket says either white or black which tells you which entrance to...
One of the best places to understand what was apartheid, the political regime that explains what South Africa is today. Also great to understand the history of Joburg. Better to have a guide though...