The museum is a beacon of hope and houses a series of 22 individual exhibition areas where visitors can take a walk through history and view the dramatic and emotional journey of racial discrimination and the struggle to over throw Apartheid. The museum gives visitors an understanding and a chance to experience what Apartheid in South Africa was like. A visit to this museum is fundamental.
To find out more about the Apartheid Museum, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- An Evening With Samthing Soweto
- Calling All Daredevils!
- Johannesburg International Mozart Festival
- Big 2017 Sporting Events
- Ultra South Africa 2017
- Get Fit At These Outdoor Gyms In Joburg
- Family Dining On A Budget
- Why Not Join A Sports Club In The City?
- Where To Find Festive Holiday Fun For The Kids This December
- The Cosmo Experience New Years Eve Party
- Five Aftercare Centres In Joburg
- Unusual Extramural Activities For Your Kids
To get clued up on South Africa’s history and the rise and fall of Apartheid, the Apartheid Museum is the first of its kind and houses a number of exhibits to stroll through from film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 3860 reviews
Kevin D Says:
Absolutely fascinating, well-presented, and jam-packed with as much information as I've seen at any history museum. A very nice mix of text, pictures, video, and objects keeps the story interesting...
Jill F Says:
Spent two hours learning about apartheid. Very informative. Great displays. Great books for sale at the end of museum.
Waldney C Says:
Amazing and surprising place. There you can know the history of the apartheid. Those are things that we MUST know and NEVER forget as humane, it was people like us that have done such as things, and...