The Counter is a small business owned by two food lovers, with a focus to keeping everything simple, fresh, seasonal and offer locally sourced gourmet food.
Guests are offered fun roaming starters, which could be anything from toasted bruschetta topped with rocket, chillied feta, smoked chicken and crisp onions to main meals serving gourmet beef burger topped with soft white cheddar, slow roasted tomatoes, crisp bacon and handmade mayonnaise – served with parmesan and truffle skinny fries, to roaming desserts serving assorted handmade ice-lollies and brownies. The Deli sell their products in markets, festivals and restaurants around Jozi and provide gourmet catering for upmarket events.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Braamfontein in 36 Hours
- Braamfontein After Dark
- Meet Mighty Monk – Jozi's Nitro-Infused Cold Brew Coffee Company
- Then & Now: Braamfontein
- Snow White – The Ballet
- Window Sessions At The Orbit Jazz Club
- Women's Day Affair Ft. TiMO ODV
- Claudette Schreuders - The Bystanders
- A New Original Musical Premieres At The Joburg Theatre This August
- Stanley Beer Yard Tasting
- Cafe Republic Pres: The Brownies
- Mandela Day Yoga
The Counter is a small intimate café at the famous Neighbourgoods Market, in the heart of Braamfontein.