From regular music concerts featuring not only the legends of South African music, but also the rising young stars, to international classical virtuosi. The Civic has hosted the country’s most acclaimed acts including ballets, Broadway musicals and comedies. In August 2001, former president Nelson Mandela bestowed the honour on the Johannesburg Civic Theatre of giving his personal approval to the re-naming of the theatre’s Main Stage. The complex now proudly boasts of housing the only Nelson Mandela Theatre worldwide.
To find out more about the The Johannesburg Civic Theatre, current shows or to get tickets, click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Sontonga Lofts Exclusive Viewing
- Janice Honeyman's Pinocchio
- Afropunk Fest Joburg 2017
- Shrek The Musical JR.
- Battle Of The Burbs: Linden Vs Braamfontein
- Jason Goliath Talks Cars, Comedy Clubs And Creativity
- Braamfontein in 36 Hours
- Braamfontein After Dark
- Meet Mighty Monk – Jozi's Nitro-Infused Cold Brew Coffee Company
- Then & Now: Braamfontein
- Snow White – The Ballet
- Window Sessions At The Orbit Jazz Club
Since July 2000, the Johannesburg Civic Theatre has experienced a remarkable turn-around in business and popularity, earning its by-line as South Africa’s Premier Home of Live Entertainment.