The Rainbow Kraal Restaurant is a African restaurant that serves European food incorporated into a traditional dish or what is known as ‘rainbow cuisine’. Their menu offers a range of well-prepared proudly South African meals, including tripe, morogo, chakalaka, amadumbe, the ubiquitous boerewors roll, mieliepap (maize porridge), potatoes, rice, beetroot, carrots, cabbage and pumpkin and vegetables. Set just a block away from the famous Nelson Mandela Bridge, The Rainbow Kraal also offers an intimate ambience, fit for a lunch date or meeting. Unfortunately no traditional beer is served… yet.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Afropunk Fest Joburg 2017
- Shrek The Musical JR.
- Battle Of The Burbs: Linden Vs Braamfontein
- Jason Goliath Talks Cars, Comedy Clubs And Creativity
- Braamfontein in 36 Hours
- Braamfontein After Dark
- Meet Mighty Monk – Jozi's Nitro-Infused Cold Brew Coffee Company
- Then & Now: Braamfontein
- Snow White – The Ballet
- Window Sessions At The Orbit Jazz Club
- Women's Day Affair Ft. TiMO ODV
- Claudette Schreuders - The Bystanders
The Rainbow Kraal Restaurant in Braamfontein is located inbetween the Wits Art Museum and Nelson Mandela bridge.