This small 200-seater theatre houses a variety of acclaimed productions and adds a phenomenal cultural dimension to the square. Over 450 productions – including plays, musicals, lunch hour and children’s theatre have been presented here in the last 15 years. In addition to this numerous corporate events, concerts, industrial theatre and a regular youth theatre training programme in the performing arts take place here.
The Theatre on the Square also boasts 24 Naledi nominations, four Naledi Winners and several awards for theatre excellence.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Whisky & Spirits Live
- Unleash Your Influence With Gilan Gork's Masterclass At The Maslow
- The Gardens Of St Christopher Open Garden With Guide Dogs SA
- But First Dessert @ Krunch
- Get Inspired At Leaderex
- La Senza Sandton City To Launch Brand-New Concept Store
- Has Anyone Been To The New Signature Lux Hotel Yet?
- Belle's Patisserie Is Just The Place For All Your Cake And Indulgence Needs
- Clicks BabyClub #MeetUp
- Exclusive Bridal Fair
- Women's Day - Pop and Shop and Game
- Celebrate Women's Month With The Girls At The HealthyFood Studio
The Auto & General Theatre on the Square (Formerly known as The Old Mutual Theatre on the Square) can be found in Nelson Mandela Square at Sandton City.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 8 reviews
Dewy W Says:
Fantastic venue always so welcoming. This is so typical of a South African theatre venue, moving with the times yet capturing the beauty and eloquence of our history. I really love this warm...
Found this venue while staying at the Michelangelo Hotel , Nelson Mandela Square. Saw a one woman play. Nice small theatre. Great seating anywhere. Bar area with a few tables.
Angela H Says:
Firstly, theatre is not for the bourgeois. It is not an indulgence in snobbery, in fact it is a delight for anyone's senses. The stage celebrates many South Africa talented artist, creators, writers...