This small 200-seater theatre houses a variety of acclaimed productions and adds a phenomenal cultural dimension to the square. Over 450 productions – including plays, musicals, lunch hour and children’s theatre have been presented here in the last 15 years. In addition to this numerous corporate events, concerts, industrial theatre and a regular youth theatre training programme in the performing arts take place here.
The Theatre on the Square also boasts 24 Naledi nominations, four Naledi Winners and several awards for theatre excellence.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Summer Social Bring The Heat
- Corona Summer Social
- Pop Bottles Finale
- Bang Bang Brunch
- Belle’s Patisserie Sandton City Celebrates Summer With A New Menu!
- Down To Funk
- Digging In At Pappas On The Square
- Give Your Hair A Makeover At Tanaz Hair Salon
- Ring In The New Year In Style At Parc Fermé
- Don’t Miss Out On The Last Gourmet Dinner Of The Year!
- SafarEye Team Up With Gautrain To Save Our Rhinos
- Pink Noise Motorcycle Charity Ride
The Auto & General Theatre on the Square (Formerly known as The Old Mutual Theatre on the Square) can be found in Nelson Mandela Square at Sandton City.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 3 reviews
I came here to see a theatre performance ,the venue is quite small but you can really connect with those on stage ,decor is bright red with posters everywhere ,even toilets carry on same theme
Wayne and Mari K Says:
Theatre conveniently situated in Sandton Square. Small and intimate, the stage is easily seen from all seats. Drinks can be taken into the theatre.
Paul H Says:
We had the pleasure of attending a show at this theatre in July 2015. Rich and dramatic décor, Stunning posters of past performances decorate the walls. The place just oozes the performing arts...