The Thunder Gun Steakhouse first opened its doors in 1968. For over 40 years, the eatery offered great food, friendly and efficient service and excellent value for money. Today, the tradition continues, with the Thunder Gun Steakhouse enjoying a remarkably loyal following amongst discerning patrons looking for a warm atmosphere and a great meal at a reasonable price. Whether you’ve been coming to the Thunder Gun for 40 years or whether this is your first visit, expect a great welcome, and to leave happy and satisfied.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Gin & Bubbly Festival
- Festive Night Market
- Caramel Sundaes Presents Strawberry Feels
- Stonehaven's Carols By Candlelight
- Sally Williams Has Arrived At Melrose Arch
- The Script Live
- What You Need To Know About "Africa's Highest Events Venue"
- Collective Soul Live
- Bryan Adams - Get Up World Tour
- Santana Is Coming Back To SA
- Ford EcoSport: The Budget Soccer Mom Mobile
- BMW Opens Up Shop In Newtown
For over 40 years ThunderGun has been catering to the citizens of the fairest city in the world. Their burgers, steaks and ribs have become stalwart dishes over the years.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 243 reviews
Emarie B Says:
The owner is always in the restaurant. This makes such a difference to the food and the service, it is a personal experience. 40% discount on Tuesdays for pensioners and their guests.
Maria D Says:
Went here on Sunday for brunch. All dishes were great except for the calamari. It was tasteless. No lemon or butter or anything used to fry with. Seems it was flash fried in a meat pan or something...
Great steaks and burgers, but a very noisy restaurant - great family restaurant and their ribs are the best in town - as is their eisbein. You need to book on a weekend or you will stand in a queue...