The Thunder Gun Steakhouse first opened its doors in 1968. For over 40 years, the eatery offered great food, friendly and efficient service and excellent value for money. Today, the tradition continues, with the Thunder Gun Steakhouse enjoying a remarkably loyal following amongst discerning patrons looking for a warm atmosphere and a great meal at a reasonable price. Whether you’ve been coming to the Thunder Gun for 40 years or whether this is your first visit, expect a great welcome, and to leave happy and satisfied.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Plan Your Next Trip At This Year’s Travel Expo
- Don’t Miss Out On SHF’s Clearance Sale At The Ferndale Gallery
- Get Excited For The Chinese New Year At Emperors Palace
- Park Acoustics - January 2017
- The Music Run 2017
- Vanilla Sunday
- Rocking For Rhinos presents Our Last Night
- Large On The Lawn - February
- Large On The Lawn
- A Trip To The Orient Without Leaving Johannesburg
- Rooftop Yoga
- Friday Fiesta At Katys Palace Bar
For over 40 years ThunderGun has been catering to the citizens of the fairest city in the world. Their burgers, steaks and ribs have become stalwart dishes over the years.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 194 reviews
Deanen P Says:
Thunder Gun has been serving up steaks since it first opened in 1968, making it one of the oldest food establishments in Johannesburg. It has a very unique unassuming location and the appearance you...
Johan G Says:
Thundergun has been around for as long as I can remember! After decades, the food, ambiance and value for money, is still as outstanding as on day one!!! I don't know how they do it, but they DO!!!
Monika J Says:
Friendly staff, excellent value for money meals. Fantastic starters and awesome Ribs and steak. Hamburgers absolutely GREAT!!