Get your kids away from the TV and video games, and take them to Askari Game Lodge & Spa for a fun getaway that will have them reconnecting with nature. There will be plenty of fun activities and new experiences for them to do.
Five Must-Do Fun Activities At Askari Game Lodge
1. Start your kiddies outing with a tour through the museum at the lodge’s Gala Hall, where kids can see how great granny and gramps lived. This museum boasts one of the largest private collections of ox wagons and animal drawn vehicles from the 1800 and 1900. Other collectables from the era are also on display.
2. Your kids don’t need to completely give up their “extra appendage” – AKA, their phone! They can take plenty of fun pictures with mock up skulls from the Cradle of Humankind, which was declared a World Heritage Site in 1999, or in front of the old ox-wagons at the museum.
3. Then, why not enjoy the chance to catch the elephants splash around and keep cool in the elephant dam? This is the perfect opportunity to take a selfie with these majestic animals in the background.
4. After all this fun, surely the kids have worked up an appetite! To recharge their energy levels, they can dig into a delicious hamburger and chips or hot dog and chips, with juice for lunch.
5. And, a visit to the bush is not complete without a game drive to spot the Big 5! Kids will learn all kinds of interesting facts during a special kiddies formatted one-hour game drive. And then after a long day of fun and adventure, they can cool off in the swimming pool on a warm, sunny day.
Adult supervision is required at all times and Askari Lodge recommends age groups between six and 16. Aside from being a wonderful birthday surprise, this is also an excellent school outing where an educational element can be built into the museum visit and game drive. R120 per child will keep them occupied for the better part of the day, and the outing can be tailor-made by Pat Naude, their friendly reservationist.
This package is only available during the week. Booking is essential and can be made by calling Askari Game Lodge & Spa on 014 577 2658/9.
Don’t Forget To Visit The Askari Spa!
Perfect for moms or teachers who need a little pampering and relaxation after accompanying their bunch of young ones throughout the day; check into the lodge’s spa for a well-deserved treat. Just remember to book your pamper session in advance. See www.askarispa.co.za for a treatment list and current specials.
Stay A Little Longer!
Why not extend the family fun by spending the night at Askari Game Lodge & Spa! Available for midweek or two night stays over the weekend at R980 per person sharing per night (DBB) or R1 280 per person single (DBB), this Winter School Holiday Special let’s kids under 12 stay for FREE. You’ll only pay for their meals. This offer is valid from 24 June to 17 July 2016, so be sure to book your family getaway by calling (014) 577 2658/9 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information