When adult ADHD goes undiagnosed or untreated, it threatens to have some serious effects such as; impaired relationships, increased rate of unemployment or underachievement at work, social and driving destruction, low self-esteem and lack of self-confidence. Unfortunately, only 11% of adults with symptoms that meet the criteria of ADHD are currently being treated for it, while the rest go unnoticed.
Adult ADHD Symptoms
– Quickly distracted, quickly bored
– Struggle to complete tasks
– Switching from one activity to another
– Poor ability to plan, organise and choose
– Struggle listening and taking in information
– Easily lost in details and loses sight of the broader outline
– Always busy (inability to stop talking or carrying out activities)
– A feeling of inner restlessness or agitation
– Inability to relax peacefully
– Acting without thinking (spending too much money, spending money quickly blurting things out, gambling, stealing, impulsive binges and decision making)
– Impulsive starting or leaving relationships and jobs
How to get help?
To speak to a counsellor for FREE telephonic counselling, information and referrals – call the ADHD Helpline on 0800 55 44 33 between 08:00 and 20:00. They are open seven days a week, 365 days a year.