What Is It?
For six weeks, The Vaal River Meander Wine Route will be just the place for you to indulge in a well-priced wine treat. There are 17 different venues on and around the Vaal River participating this year, offering something for everyone, making this the perfect event for wine connoisseurs, and even those who know nothing about wine but just want a pleasant outing.
There will also be dozens of different Wine Estates represented throughout the venues with over 200 wines to sample and indulge in. Each venue has a minimum of eight wines – some venues will have up to 20 wines. Each venue invites you to tastings of their wines at only R20 for tastings of eight wines, or R40 for tastings of their whole selection. Wine tasted can be bought at cost plus 10% for the duration of the Vaal River Meander Wine Route.
There are also optional extras to add to your wine experience, such as:
- enjoying a Cruising Wine Tasting Luncheon aboard a luxurious cruiser;
- special spa treatments over the Wine Route;
- special weekend breaks;
- spend the weekend at a Lodge or Hotel along the Vaal while you enjoy the wine and food pairing;
- or combine the experience with a historical tour of Sharpeville.
Vaal Wine Route Passports can be found at all the participating venues, which contains a map of the Route, all the specials available at each venue, wines that can be tasted, as well as a coupon page offering great year long deals. Visit six or more venues, and get each of the venue’s Passport Pages stamped to stand a chance at winning the Grand Vaal Wine Route prize!
When Is It?
Saturday, 16 July 2016 to Sunday, 21 August 2016. The Wine Route will be on every Saturday, Sunday, and Public Holiday from 12:00 to 18:00.
Where Is It?
The Vaal River Meander Wine Route will be taking place at 17 different venues on and around the Vaal in Gauteng, 45 minutes from Joburg. To find out which venues will be participating, click here.
How Much Is It?
Only R20 for tastings of eight wines, or R40 for tastings of their whole selection.
For More Information
The prize consists of:
- A night’s stay for two at the Vaal River at the luxurious BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal on a B&B basis
- A lunch or dinner meal at the quirky The Shack, including a wine tasting and a complimentary bottle of wine to take home
- Take in the sights of the Vaal River with Stonehaven on Vaal’s river taxi, which will transport you via speed boat to enjoy wine tasting at Riverside Sun. Stonehaven on Vaal’s river taxi will then transport you to The Emerald Resort & Casino for wine tasting with a bit of fun with Lady Luck at a river casino.
- Your day will end with a wine and food paired luncheon at Stonehaven on Vaal.
This competition opens on Wednesday, 13 July 2016 and closes Friday, 5 August 2016.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must live in Gauteng
- Entrants must be over the age of 18
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for an alternative or for cash
- The prize must be used during The Vaal Wine Route Meander which runs from 16 July 2016 to 21 August 2016, every weekend including public holidays.
- A prize letter will be emailed to the winner with details on how to redeem the prize.