Popularly known as ‘the Bullring’, the Wanderers Cricket Stadium in Johannesburg is known as the premier cricketing stadium and has hosted some of the greatest test matches.
Over the years it has been the venue for some of the most scintillating games. The stadium has also played host to all kinds of events and was used for rugby matches while Ellis Park Rugby Stadium was being rebuilt.
It has a holding capacity of 34 000 including the occupants of the suites, canteen and refreshment area!
Wanderers is currently the home ground for the Highveld Lions team.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Temporary Road Restrictions For 2017 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge
- Spend Your Easter In Trendy Illovo At The Protea Hotel by Marriott Wanderers
- Explore Illovo
- Château Gâteau Patisserie
- Take A Breather At Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Wanderers
- 86 Public Comes To Illovo
- Second Annual Portuguese Food and Wine Festival
- Urban Foodie Dinner Club
- The Unusuals Festival
- Cupcakes Of Hope
- Get Your Thai Fix At The Good Luck Club!
The Bidvest Wanderers Stadium is situated south of Sandton in Illovo, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 34 reviews
I love this place, have seen some spectacular games here. Because you sit so close to the pitch, the atmosphere is electric. I've been to a few grounds, including Lord's, and this ranks right up...
Jim S Says:
Was invited to a limited overs SA vs Sri Lanka game (the one where the bees invaded the pitch) and the atmosphere was unbelievable and a great day was had. Only two downers: that there was no water...
Mar 6: I was there for the T20 between SA and Australia. I have been to the Centurion and was waiting to be here. It's one of the historic grounds across the world. Once you take the seat, the view...