Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
600g good-quality ready-to-eat dried fruit (such as prunes, pears, apricots, figs cranberries)
3 tbsp clear honey
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
1 Earl Grey tea bag
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Mascarpone or Greek yogurt, to serve
1. Tip the fruits and 700ml cold water into a large saucepan.
2. Add the honey and vanilla, scraping the seeds from the pod into the pan.
3. Bring to the boil. Stir well, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until slightly syrupy.
4. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the tea bag. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
5. Discard the tea bag and vanilla pod, tip the fruits and liquid into a non-metallic bowl and pour over the lemon juice. Stir, then leave to cool. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Source: Recipe from bbc good food.