Xai Xai, named after a Mozambican beach resort, is located on the trendy and all to familiar 7th Street, Melville. The restaurant is known to many as a Mozambican Shebeen. Their menu boasts traditional Portuguese meals, showing off a variety of breakfasts, brunches, burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, seafood and vegetarian meals. This is a lively yet laid-back cocktail bar that is frequented by students, artists and hippies.
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- #SINGLE Valentine's Party
- Light & Joy Holistic Fayre
- Hell's Kitchen – Melville's Very Own Speakeasy
- Meet Mighty Monk – Jozi's Nitro-Infused Cold Brew Coffee Company
- Silent Disco Yoga
- Perron Opens In Melville
- A Culinary Guide To Melville
- The Great Eastern Food Bar
- Must-Visit Shops In Melville
- Design And Lifestyle Stores In 44 Stanley
- Fashion Boutiques In 44 Stanley
- Halloween ComicFest
Xai Xai brings delicious cuisine from Mozambique to Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 25 reviews
We hadn't been to Xai Dai for a while so we're happy to see that food is still so good. Had the prawn cakes and ordered more they were so delicious. Partner had the espatada which was...
The decor and seating is very basic, but it is warm and welcoming. We were well looked after and the food was very, very good. The bill was also very low. Will definitely visit again.
Small, unassuming place in heart of Melville. The food is good - great burgers that taste as good as they look. Decent selection of beers. Don't be put off by slightly shabby looks. Nice street vibe...