Braamfontein is a trendy suburb in town. With a great selection of craft eateries, collaborative work spaces, small companies, art galleries and more, it’s safe to say that the area is a must-visit. Great Dane, Kitcheners and Anti Establishment are all bars within walking distance of each other and are definitely reason enough to visit Braam, as it is affectionately known. Artisanal eateries and coffee shops like Daleah’s, Post, Doubleshot and Father provide fine fare, while unique clothing stores such as Parooz and its neighbours offer excellent retail therapy. Every Saturday, Braamfontein hosts the Neighbourgoods Market, which is a food and design extravaganza – come hungry and be ready to shop! On the first Thursday of every month, the area’s art galleries, such as Stevenson, Kalashnikovv and the Wits Art Museum, open up to the public for after-dark viewing. The Neighbourgoods Market also opens its doors and hosts live music acts on its rooftop. This event is called First Thursdays.
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- We Got The Jazz Featuring Melo B Jones
- The Townhouse Rooftop At Randlords
- Science & Cocktails: Bugs For Breakfast?
- The Orbit Comedy And Jazz Night
- Celebrate Youth Day At These Events
- KBYG Presents Music & Mantra
- Sarafina The Broadway Hit Musical
- The Liberation Concert At Joburg Theatre
- Africa Day Poetry Celebration
- Africa Week 2018
- The Origins Centre Visit
- African Flavour Festival