The general perception when describing chocolate, is that it is a sweet indulgence served usually on its own in rather large sized pieces. Chocolate is far more than this! It is rich, varied and never boring which is exactly how the culinary team at The Grace, in partnership with Lindt will be serving it in April.
In celebration of the ‘ooooh and aaahhhh’ over what can be best described as a delicacy for kings, The Grace will be wrapping the entire month of April in chocolate, pairing everyone’s favourite treat with wines, liquors and of course, fine African coffees.
- Enjoy a ‘date with decadence’ comprising a 4-course chocolate dinner menu prepared by Head Chef Doc Hlongwane. This menu will be available for Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings in the renowned Dining Room or on the terrace of the hotel.
- Weekends will never be the same again once you have indulged in a ‘chocolate stay-over package. Luxurious accommodation combined with personal hospitality, not to mention all the amenities of a five-star boutique hotel, and award-winning restaurant, all combined into a romantic overnight package. Package includes accommodation in a luxury room, a 3-course chocolate decadence dinner menu, special chocolate turndown and breakfast for two the following morning. Valid Friday and Saturday nights.
- Calling all children (and adults behaving like children) for an exciting Easter Hunt Brunch throughout the hotel on Easter Sunday April 4th 2010. What you find is what you eat! A traditional Sunday brunch with a few little chocolate surprises is on offer from 10h30 until 14h30.
- An “elevator to chocolate heaven” will be leaving hotel reception on Saturday 24th April for a progressive floor dining experience … and the rest is a surprise!
- A little weekend of ‘this and that’ would not be complete without a ‘Coffee and Chocolate brunch extravaganza’ available on 25 April. Apart from enjoying what has been described as one of the best brunches in Johannesburg, enjoy an additional ‘coffee offering’ boasting different flavours of the coffee bean from several African countries including Malawi, Kenya, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
In addition, all guests can look forward to a little ‘chocolate welcome’ comprising a variety of tantalizing surprises in the hotel lobby available throughout the day.
The above offerings are valid from 1 to 30 April and are costed as follows:
- Date with Decadence R300pp
- Chocolate stay-over Package R2750 per room/per night
- Easter hunt Brunch R300pp
- Elevator to Chocolate Heaven R500pp
- Coffee and Chocolate brunch extravaganza R300pp
Discover the humble journey of the cocoa pod, from its earliest beginnings in African soil to becoming one of the sexiest and pleasurable indulgences of gastronomic followers not only in South African but worldwide at The Grace this April.
For further information follow the links alongside.