What’s On At #joburgsbestdayout
Expect an out-of-this-world entertainment lineup at the Rand Show this year! They’ve added even more to this already jam-packed event and have really upped the ante. There is so much on offer, that you’ll have to arrive as early as possible to experience everything!
- When: Friday, 19 April 2019 to Sunday, 28 April 2019
- Where: Expo Centre Johannesburg, corner Nasrec and Rand Show, Nasrec, Johannesburg
- How Much: Get your tickets at Computicket
Fashion, Beauty and Fitness
- See the latest in all things fashion, beauty and fitness, and meet some of your favourite fitness fundis at the Beauty and Fitness Expo , taking place daily on the Main Stage in Hall 5 on weekends and public holidays
- The Fitness Runway Model SA 2019 – South Africa’s biggest fashion and fitness extravaganza will take place on 20 April at 10:00 on The Main Stage in Hall 8.
Pump up the adrenaline!
- Experience the 125m long zipline at the Suzuki Adventure Zone daily from 19 – 28 April 2019. Along with this there will also be abseiling, trampoline bungee, aqua rollers, paintball and a climbing wall.
- Take part in high-octane drifting daily from 19 – 28 April 2019 at the Outdoor Drifting Track. Visitors can also be thrilled by daily variety shows featuring all the driving tricks and manoeuvres.
No Business like Show Business
- Starstruck followers can get their fix at Joburg’s Talent Show. With daily rounds at 10:30 on the Main Stage in Hall 8 from 19 – 22 April 2019. The final rounds to choose Joburg’s best talent are taking place on the weekend of 27 and 28 April at 10:30.
- SA’s newest reality based cook off, the JacarandaFM Clash of Ages, will take place daily at the Chef’s Village in the South African Garden and Home Pavilion at 10:00 from 19 – 22 April 2019. The final live celebrity cook off will be sizzling on the weekend of 27 and 28 April at 10:00.
Flowers and Decor
- Visit the beautiful Flower Show in Hall 5 on the Main Stage daily for your chance to win a trip to the breath-taking Chelsea Flower Show 2019.
Gaming and Cosplay Adventures
- A Fortnite Gaming competition will take place at the Gaming Entertainment Pavilion at 10:00 daily on 19, 20 and 21 April 2019. Gaming qualifiers will take place daily at 14:00 from 23 – 26 April 2019 with the Grand Final taking place on 27 April 2019.
- Daily Fortnite Dance Competition will take place on the Main Stage of The Gaming Entertainment Pavilion daily.
- The Masquerade Cosplay Ball will take place on the first and last weekend of the show in the Gaming Entertainment Pavilion.
Fun for Everyone
- Visit the magnificent Animal Kingdom daily at The Outdoor OS2.
- The Kalahari Scientist will be thrilling audiences daily on the Main Stage in Hall 9 with shows throughout the day for the entirety of the Rand Show period.
- There will be a daily street parade at 13:00 every day.
- Watch out for entertainment buskers performing a variety of acts daily on the Busker Stages.
- Don’t miss the Zip-Zap Circus on the Main Stage in Hall 8 at 17:00 on 26 April 2019, and then 12:00 and 17:00 on 27 April 2019, or at 12:00 on 28 April 2019.
- World famous sword swallower, Murray Malloy, will be on the Main Stage at the Outdoor Link on 26 April 2019 at 17:00, 27 April 2019 at 15:00 and 28 April 2019 at 13:00.
Rand Show Favourites
- The SANDF display will not disappoint fans this year and will take place from 19 – 22 April 2019 at the Main Arena from 11:00 – 13:00.
- The Drum Majorette Gold Cup will take place in the Main Arena on 27 April 2019 from 17:00 – 21:00.
- The Rand Show Museum will be open daily from 10:00 – 19:00.
There’ll Be Cool Prizes Up For Grabs Too!
The prizes up for grabs are almost as unbelievable as the entertainment line-up and include:
- a Suzuki Swift, which can only be won if you purchase your tickets online,
- a magnificent Easylife Kitchens home makeover,
- trips to Twitchcon USA,
- Chelsea Flower Show UK,
- and so much more!
This is one super-sized family day out you definitely don’t want to miss! What are you waiting for? Get your tickets now.
For More Information
For more information about The Rand Show, click here to visit their website.