The Dino Expo
- Date: Friday, 26 April 2019 – Sunday, 21 July 2019.
- Where: Sandton Dinosaur Exhibition, Rivonia Boulevard and 9th Avenue, Rivonia, Sandton, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: From R80 per person at Webtickets.
Gather the family and make your way to the Sandton Dinosaur Exhibition to experience life-sized dinosaurs at The Dino Expo. The exhibition has just received new dinosaur models and will be bigger and better than ever before. The newly imported dinosaurs include the Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and an adult ride – and many others will be unveiled at the newly established Sandton Dinosaur Exhibition. There are also loads of other dino-themed activities in store to keep the kids entertained, so be sure not to miss out!
Gin ‘N Roses Festival
- Date: Saturday, 4 May 2019. Gates open at 11:00.
- Venue: Turffontein Racecourse, 14 Turf Club Road, Turffontein, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: Tickets cost R200 per person online and R250 per person at the marquee.
Enjoy the autumn afternoon sun, the majestic Joburg skyline and an action-packed entertainment lineup that includes some thrilling horse racing at Turffontein Racecourse’s Gin ‘n Roses Festival. You will feel right at home, sampling the best gin Joburg has to offer, whether it be straight-up or in the most elaborate cocktail. There will also be a variety of live entertainment, outstanding food vendors and a rose wall (perfect to capture that all important ‘at-the-races’ selfie).
Huawei Joburg Day In The Park 2019
- Date: Saturday, 04 May 2019 from 10:00.
- Venue: Johannesburg Botanical Gardens, Olifants Road, Emmarentia, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: General tickets are R350 per person and can be bought from Ticketpros.
Huawei Joburg Day is always such a jam and this year won’t be any different! True to form, Huawei and 947 have upped the ante with the 2019 lineup. You can catch live performances by some of the best local musicians, including TKZee, Mango Groove, Sun-El Musician, Mi Casa, Matthew Mole, Sho Madjozi, Prince Kaybee and many more.
- Date: Saturday, 04 May 2019 from 18:00 – 21:00.
- Where: FNB Stadium, Soccer City Avenue, Nasrec, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: between R150 and R750 are available at Computicket.
One of the biggest action-packed live events on four wheels is coming to South Africa for the very first time! Get ready for Monster Jam, featuring 4m tall, five-ton, custom-made monster trucks, racing, revving and ripping up a racetrack full of obstacles. This family-friendly fun is perfect for young and young at heart, as well as lovers of motor and adventure sports.
Doritos Presents Festival De Mexico At Montecasino
- Date: Saturday, 04 May 2019 from 12:00 – 22:00.
- Venue: Montecasino,01 Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: Tickets are priced between R100 to R240. Click here to view price packages.
The Doritos Festival De Mexico is back, showcasing everything we love about Mexican cuisine and culture. Expect a range of live performances to keep you thoroughly entertained on the day, Lady Zamar, Jimmy Nevis, Desmond and the Tutus, Monark, Mojito Swing and Ryan the DJ. Tequila enthusiasts should also come along to join Africa’s largest tequila toast – the record set last year was 5 236 shots! This is a family-friendly event, so bring the kids along as well. There will be face painting and PlayStation centres to keep them out of trouble.
Field Market – May Edition
- Date: Saturday, 11 May 2019 from 10:00 – 15:00.
- Venue: Field and Study Recreation Centre, Corner 14th street and Louise Avenue, Parkmore, Sandton, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: Entrance to the market is FREE. Parking is R10 per car, proceeds will be donated to Friends of the Field & Study for upkeep and improvement of the park.
Enjoy the fresh air and do some shopping at the Field Market under the trees in the Field & Study Park in Parkmore. You can stroll through stalls that lure and inspire you with local handcrafted goods, then stay a while to enjoy a variety of gourmet food and beverages, live music and the relaxed atmosphere. They have something for everyone, including lots of entertainment for kids. Even dogs on leashes are welcome.
2019 American Express Winter Sculpture Fair
- Date: Saturday, 11 May – Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 10:00 – 17:00.
- Venue: NIROX Sculpture Park, Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, Cradle of Humankind, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: Tickets are priced at R220 – R240 per person. Children under 12 enter free. Tickets are available on Webtickets.
The NIROX Sculpture Park will breathe life into the winter season. The 2019 American Express Winter Sculpture Fair will feature contemporary art exhibitions set up throughout the park, as well as some of the best food and wine brought to you by select Franschhoek exhibitors. This is the perfect excuse to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city for a day.
Pringles Presents The Tequila & Mexican Food Festival 2019
- Dates: Saturday, 18 May 2019 from 11:00 –19:00.
- Where: Royal Elephant Hotel & Conference Centre, corner Willem Botha and Wierda Roads, Eldoraigne, Centurion, Pretoria.
- Tickets: Between R140 and R220 per personand can be purchased from plankton.mobi.
Arriba! It’s going to be a fiesta, so get your sombreros and tequila faces ready for Pringle Presents The Tequila & Mexican Food Festival 2019. Spend the day enjoying a fun-filled celebration of all things Mexican – fine cuisine, tequila and all the unique traditions Mexico has to offer! Just imagine a day full of colour, ponchos, sombreros, awesome music, delicious burritos, cheesy nachos, filling churros and tacos, and a variety of tequila-based drinks or cocktails to quench your thirst. The festival’s full music lineup is soon to be announced so keep an eye on their event post on Facebook! This festival is strictly for over-18s.
- Date: Friday, 24 May 2019 – 26 May 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00 daily.
- Venue: Sandton Convention Centre, 161 Maude Street, Sandton, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: Tickets cost R120 per person for general admission and R80 per person for students and pensioners. Tickets are available at Webtickets.
The Sandton Convention Centre will be transformed into SA’s most coveted and inspiring design destination. Design Joburg will bring together the very best décor brands and personalities from around the country and the world. Media 10 will bring a stellar collection of the best design brands under one roof, combining the local and global pioneers and trailblazers of the design world.
The East Rand Wedding Show
- Date: Saturday, 25 May 2019 – Sunday, 26 May 2019 from 09:00 – 17:00 daily.
- Venue: Centre Court Venue at Emperors Palace, 64 Jones Road, O.R. Tambo, Kempton Park, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: Tickets cost between R50 – R100 per person, and can be bought at iTickets or at the door.
Planning a wedding and need some inspiration? Look no further! The East Rand Wedding Show is here. Couples will gain access to over 130 exhibitors, the perfect place to be for decor ideas, the latest trends, excellent service and special offers that can’t be found anywhere else. Find the perfect wedding venue; choose from a wide variety of décor options; land your dream wedding dress and other bridal couture; sample delicious wedding cakes; choose a band, DJ or both; plan your honeymoon; and much more.
Groves And Vineyards Festival
- Date: Saturday, 25 May 2019 – Sunday, 26 May 2019 at 09:00 – 17:30.
- Venue: Casalinga Ristorante, Plot 328 Rocky Ridge Road, Off Beyers Naude Drive, Muldersdrift, Johannesburg.
- Tickets: General access tickets are R260 for adults and R120 for children. Click here to book your tickets.
The renowned Groves & Vineyards Festival will be serving up the best in local and international food and wine in the lovely surrounds of the Casalinga gardens. There promises to be even more exciting features this year, including pop-up boutiques, great food, amazing wines, top local musical talent and an unmissable relaxed vibe.