What Is It?
ICON CGC is SA’s longest-running comics and gaming convention, and this year they’ll be celebrating their 26th anniversary! Geeks of all ages can head to The Palace of Dreams, Emperors Palace to gather, shop and play at this signature event. There will plenty of tabletop and board gaming warfare, cosplay competitions and plenty of fun for all, whether you’re full-on geek or geek-curious. ICON CGC has become a staple on the South African pop culture calendar, featuring a number of firsts. This year continues to break new ground as it hosts the local leg of the World Cosplay Summit for the first time ever on the African continent.
There will be over 40 panel and workshop presentations for you to suss out, focusing on topics such as the state of esports in South Africa, how to design monsters and aliens for games, how to get started on your own YouTube channel and much more. Panel guests include parenting expert Nikki Bush, tech commentator Arthur Goldstuck, international cosplayer Linda “Vampy Bit Me” Le, game designer James Sutter, and gamer mom Pippa Tshabalala. Also, the South African National Blood Service will be on site to help you be a hero and #SaveANation.
As ardent ICON attendees will know, the convention hosts key international guests, authors, thought leaders and more from the world of pop culture. The line-up this year includes (from left to right):
- Raymond E. Feist: Twelve times New York Times bestseller, 9 times London Times bestseller, a master of fantasy fiction. Raymond will be promoting his new book “King of Ashes”.
- Meagan Marie: World class cosplayer and cosplay ambassador.
- Jim Zub: Jim is a Marvel Comics author and currently the lead writer on the ‘Avengers’ and ‘Champions’ series of comic books.
- Sean Izaakse: Marvel Comics artist, currently artist on the ‘Avengers’ and ‘Champions comic books.
When Is It?
Friday, 29 June 2018 – Sunday, 01 July 2018.
Where Is It?
Emperors Palace, 64 Jones Road, O.R. Tambo, Kempton Park, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Tickets cost between R 120 and R 895 per person and are available at www.iconcgc.co.za.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Daily tickets – between R 120 per person
- Weekend pass – R 250 – R 1 495 per person
- VIP pass – R 895 – R 1 995 per person
For More Information
For more information about this event, visit www.iconcgc.co.za.