Do you have a passion for leisure, social and travel and love your city? Do you know Johannesburg inside and out? Are you an out-going socialite exploring the city from ALL angles? Are you a driven leader? Then this is an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a “Managing Editor” to grow and manage the Joburg.co.za / Pretoria.co.
|Education level:||Honours Degree|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Type:||Senior Content Editor|
- Defining and implementing a content strategy across our multiple niches eg. entertainment, parenting, health, beauty etc.
- Growing the readership per niche and for the publication in entirety.
- Growing, managing and mentoring the editorial team.
- Defining and curating native content for the platforms.
- Working closely with the sales department to identify monetization opportunities whilst maintaining the integrity and quality of the content.
- Representing the brand and building relationship with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Assisting with the marketing and PR for both platforms as well as the holding company.
- Attending events including after-hour functions.
- Recognized degree
- Exceptional writing skills (with a dose of humour) will clinch the deal.
- Previous experience in a similar role (min 2 years)
- Creative and solid writing experience
- Management and Mentoring skills ( previous management experience is crucial)
- Attention to detail, quick and accurate editing skills
- Strong network within the industry
- Outgoing, ambitious and desire to grow in the industry
- Strong digital acumen
- Ambitious and desire to grow in the industry
- On the pulse of what’s happening in the city
- Social Media experience.
- Deadline driven
- Open minded and adaptable
- Willing to walk the extra mile
- Outgoing and charismatic yet humble
- WordPress experience
- SEO experience
- Social Media / Digital Marketing
Market Related / Negotiable