What Is It?
This brand new Johannesburg Afro-Latin Festival aims to be an enlightening and entertaining experience for local and international guests focusing on salsa, bachata, kizomba and Afro-beat initially, loads of workshops, and an exciting rooftop launch party!
The launch will feature:
- 30+ workshops over three days
- Dance, music and general education workshops and seminars
- All flavours of salsa, bachata, kizomba and even Afro-Beat!
- Welcome Party – Friday 16 March
- Official Launch Party – Saturday 17 March
- Pre-party on Thursday 15 March
- After-party on Sunday 18 March
- 1st Olu Olu Coffee Lounge in Africa
International confirmed artists and educators include:
- Panagiotis & Myrto (Greece)
- Mistura Movement (Netherlands)
- Bircan Tulga (UK/Italy)
- DJ Julian “The Duke” (Colombia/UK)
- Iris De Brito (Angola/UK)
- Julian “Mr M” (Colombia/UK)
- Mutati (Kenya)
- Pili Pili (Spain/Tanzania)
- Prof. Ananya Jahanara Kabir (UK)
- Adrian Pozo (Cuba) and more to come.
South African artists and schools:
- Dance Rejuvenate Company/Afia collective
- BailaAfrika Afro-Latino Dance Family
- Paradiso Academy
- Estilo Cubano
- Africa Heart Dance Passion
- Come Salsa
- AfroMambo Dance Company
- Dance Spirit SA
- HNS Kizomba
- Dance Cafe
- SalsaAddicts JHB
- A Vida Kizomba
- Candela Jozi Dance Company and many more.
The event will also collaborate with Joburg’s famous Neighbourgoods Market and surrounding spots in Braamfontein to create a village environment!
When Is It?
Thursday, 15 March 2018 – Sunday, 18 March 2018.
Where Is It?
Thirteen Venue, 73 Juta Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
To get your tickets, click here.
For More Information
You can also check them out on Facebook.