The tour sees patrons boarding a double decker party bus and heading off on an epic tour across Johannesburg visiting four of Jozi’s microbreweries, tasting as you go along. Breweries include Chameleon Village Brewery in Harties, The Ale House in Broederstroom, Copperlake Brewery in Lanseria and Joburg’s micro-brew cornerstone, Gilroys at the Ingwenya Glass Village in Muldersdrift.
Sitting upstairs is advised! You get an amazing view the whole way, not to mention the fresh air!
The outdoor bar at Copperlake Brewery, your first beer tasting of the day, but not the last!
The Copperlake tour, great for the real beer enthusiasts and those who can’t imagine how grain and water become the tasty drink we all love.
The thatch bar at The Chameleon Village Brewery. There are so many varieties of beer to taste here that it’s hard to get through them all!
Take You There play music along the way creating a great vibe on the bus.
Copperlake supplies beer on the bus. you get a plastic draught glass and are free to pour your own!
You can tweet your journey! Just include #MegaBeerTour to your tweets so your friends can follow the event.
Some helpful info
- The bus meets you at Fourways Mall, so you can park safely in the parking lot there
- Take a cooler with some snacks as you may get peckish en route
- take sunglasses, hat and sunscreen – I saw quite a few guys getting burnt from not thinking about this
- Think about arranging a pick up or designated driver for when you return
- Pace yourself, one young lady started the morning with shooters…
by Byron Marais