What Is It?
#JoziWalks is a series of free walking tours initiated in May 2017 by the Johannesburg Development Agency in partnership with local community activists, tourism entrepreneurs, walking tour operators, and the Johannesburg Heritage Foundation. This year 11 walks have been chosen. Prior booking is absolutely essential for each walk. Bookings for the #JoziWalks2018 weekend will open on April 18, space on each walk is limited. The eleven #JoziWalks taking place during the #JoziWalks2018 weekend are:
- Township into towns with Maboneng township Arts Experience in Alexandra.
- #BikesMustRise with Black Bite Productions cc. in Diepsloot.
- Honing in on hope with the Spaza Art Gallery in Troyeville, Ellis Park, Bertrams and Doornfontein.
- Hillbrow Youth Walks with Outreach Foundation, Hillbrow Theatre Project and Johannesburg Heritage Foundation in Hillbrow.
- The underground booksellers of Johannesburg with Bridge Books City Central in the Joburg CBD.
- City Skate Tours with City Skate Tours in Marshalltown and Newtown.
- Intouch Community Tour with In-Touch Youth Development & Community Justice in Orange Farm.
- Walk The Wilds with James Delaney in the Wilds, Yeoville, Berea and Louis Botha.
- Time Flies and the Mystery of Braam’s Fountain with Wits Urban Institute in Orange Grove, Norwood, Orchards and Ethel and Gray Park.
- De-Tour: Living Landscapes after forced removals with Fietas Museum in Fietas and Sophiatown.
- Walk Soweto with notes with his and hers Jams in Soweto’s Orlando East and West.
When Is It?
Saturday, 19 May 2018.
Where Is It?
How Much Is It?
Tickets are free but you do have to book.
For More Information.