Rietvlei Nature Reserve covers over 3 800 hectares of endangered Bankenveld grassland, with open plains and undulating hills. The extensive vlei areas and tributary streams support the scenic splendour of the azure blue Rietvlei Dam. This is the perfect place to go game viewing or bird watching. Facilities include Marais Dam picnic, bird hide, guided day and night drives and daily bus tours. Angling areas, mountain bike trails and overnight facilities are also available. To find out more about Rietvlei nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Appetite Fest In Pretoria
- The Regency Apartment Hotel in Menlyn Celebrates Its Grand Opening
- Wine Tasting & Food Festival
- Celebrate With SHF This Weekend With 20% Off Everything!
- Soulful Night With Anthony Hamilton
- Peppa Pig Is Back!
- Soweto Party Bus Tour
- The South African Tattoo Is Marching, Singing & Dancing To Pretoria This October!
- Companies That Deliver Alcohol
- Dynamo Will Be Heading To Time Square In Pretoria This May
- The Wine Art Food Festival
- Indian-Henna Inspired Royal Icing Class
The Rietvlei Nature Reserve is situated just outside of Pretoria and is owned by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pay them a visit to encounter cheetah, leopard, buffalo and white rhino on guided hiking or horse trails.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 632 reviews
Diana S Says:
This is the best in City escape I can recommend. It's my go to place when I feel the need to be in the bush enjoy our wildlife. They have many route that can be followed and you will always see an...
this is in the heart of Irene and easy to reach by car. you can still see rhinos here and enjoy a lovely day in this nature reserve, there are also lions etc.
Jon M Says:
This is a great spot to go for an afternoon picnic on a Saturday afternoon. The picnic sites sit next to the water and when you're done you can go on an afternoon drive through the reserve to see...