Salt and caramel – is there anything better? Actually, yes – a healthy version. This is one of my go-to post-workout snacks. It helps replenish protein and glycogen stores and build lean muscles (which in turn burns calories – yay!).
The maca powder is what gives this dish a delightful toffee flavour. It also works to alleviate stress and anxiety in the body. Plus, it’s high in iron and great for boosting energy – much needed after a morning gym session! Whip this baby up in under two minutes. Enjoy!
Ingredients To Blend
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
Ingredients For Topping
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 vanilla and coconut protein balls, chopped
- Raw almonds
- Add the blending ingredients to your blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the sea salt, then blend quickly again.
- Decant the smoothie into a bowl and top with the toppings.
- Serve in with a spoon and tuck in!
by Candice May