Refresh, Refuel and Recharge!
Come and experience game viewing, tiger fishing, star gazing, cruising in spectacular scenery.
Beat the drums to the African rhythm, gather the chiefs and clans – it is time!
Time to Experience Lake Jozini with the luxurious Shayamanzi Houseboats and the Shayamoya Tiger Fishing and Game Lodge who have designed a 3-night combination package at a special discounted rate for 12 and 20 guests.
A unique idea for the Christmas holidays!
Rates for 12 guests, 3 nights: R48 900
Rates for 20 guests, 3 nights: R81 300
Valid until August 2009.
For more information, please visit www.shayamanzi.co.za or www.shayamoya.co.za, or contact Elsabe on the details alongside.
The Shaya’s 3-Night Itinerary
Day One: Overnight at 4 Star, Shayamoya Tiger Fishing and Game Lodge
– Arrive at Shayamoya Tiger Fishing and Game Lodge set high up on the ridge with panoramic views of the Pongola River, as it curves into the Lake Jozini, the Pongola Game Reserves and the majestic backdrop of the Lebombo Mountains, which stretch North into Swaziland.
– Dinner is a sumptuous affair in the central lodge.
Day Two: Game viewing and Fishing, Overnight on Shayamanzi Houseboat
– Early morning activity: Game Drive in the Phongolo Nature Reserve.
– Return to the lodge and explore the extraordinary indigenous gardens.
– A light lunch is served.
– 14h00 transfer to the jetty to board the Shayamanzi Houseboat.
– Cruise off on Lake Jozini to find evening moorage.
– Tiger fishing or game viewing by skiboat skippered by the crew until sunset.
– Dinner is a 3 course, candle lit occasion.
Day Three: Game viewing and Fishing, Overnight on Shayamanzi Houseboat
– Early morning tiger fishing or game viewing by tender boat.
– After breakfast, the houseboat cruises off to an alternate spot to moor for the evening.
– A light lunch and teas are served while cruising. One night is normally in the spectacular gorge where the Lebombo Mountains rise up from the deep, blue waters.
– Once moored, tiger fishing or game viewing by skiboat, accompanied by snacks.
– Dinner on the second night is a Braai.
Four: Depart after a lazy breakfast
– Early morning fishing or game viewing or cruising back to the pick up point.
– 10h00 Departure from the Shayamanzi Houseboat back to Shayamoya Lodge to settle the drinks accounts and collect vehicles.
Rates 12 Guests, 3 Nights:
1 Night Shayamoya Lodge, 6 chalets @ R720 = R8 640
1 Game Drive, 12 pax @ R250 = R 3 000
2 Nights Shayamanzi Houseboat I, 6 cabins @ R13 500 = R27 000
2 Days All Meals on Houseboat, 12 pax @ R375 = R9 000
1 Transfer from Lodge to jetty/return, 12 pax @ R105 = R1 260
TOTAL (Discount R4 920) = R48 900
Rates 20 Guests, 3 Nights
1 Night Shayamoya Lodge, 10 chalets @ R720 = R14 400
1 Game Drive, 20 pax @ R250 = R5 000
2 Nights Shayamanzi Houseboat II, 10 cabins @ R22 500 = R45 000
2 Days All Meals on Houseboat, 20 pax @ R375 = R15 000
1 Transfer from Lodge to jetty/return, 20 pax @ R95 = R1 900
TOTAL (Discount R8 200) = R81 300
Rates are valid until 31st of July 2009
How to get there?
It is a 5 Hour drive from Johannesburg, or 3.5 Hour drive from Durban. Daily flights to Richards Bay which is then a 2 hour drive.
Transfer company details available on request. Nearest airstrips for charter flights are Pongola or Mkuze.