Stevenson, contemporary art gallery that was started by Michael Stevenson, opened in Cape Town in 2003. A few years later, Stevenson partnered with David Brodie and opened up the Johannesburg branch which can now be found in Braamies.
The gallery has hosted a series of solo and group exhibitions that engage with contemporary art practice in South Africa as well as Africa and its diaspora. Its focus is placed on creating a two-way dialogue with South Africa and the rest of the world. In addition to giving (South) African artists access to the rest of the world, its FOREX programme, started in 2009, has brought the work of international artists like Francis Alÿs, Rineke Dijkstra, Thomas Hirschhorn, Glenn Ligon and Walid Raad to South Africa, often for the first time.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- We Got The Jazz Featuring Melo B Jones
- The Townhouse Rooftop At Randlords
- Science & Cocktails: Bugs For Breakfast?
- The Orbit Comedy And Jazz Night
- Celebrate Youth Day At These Events
- KBYG Presents Music & Mantra
- Sarafina The Broadway Hit Musical
- The Liberation Concert At Joburg Theatre
- Africa Day Poetry Celebration
- Africa Week 2018
- The Origins Centre Visit
- African Flavour Festival