Stevenson, contemporary art gallery that was started by Michael Stevenson, opened in Cape Town in 2003. A few years later, Stevenson partnered with David Brodie and opened up the Johannesburg branch which can now be found in Braamies.
The gallery has hosted a series of solo and group exhibitions that engage with contemporary art practice in South Africa as well as Africa and its diaspora. Its focus is placed on creating a two-way dialogue with South Africa and the rest of the world. In addition to giving (South) African artists access to the rest of the world, its FOREX programme, started in 2009, has brought the work of international artists like Francis Alÿs, Rineke Dijkstra, Thomas Hirschhorn, Glenn Ligon and Walid Raad to South Africa, often for the first time.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- On The Road To Music At Joburg Theatre
- Africa Day Bassline Festival Concert 2019
- Langa Mavuso 'Searching For The Sun' Live
- World Sound Concert At The Joburg Theatre
- Hello Jozi Welcomes You To Randlords
- The Greatest Love Of All: A Tribute To Whitney Houston
- The Prodigal Man At Joburg Theatre
- CION Brings An Unforgettable Dance Experience
- The Threepenny Opera At Wits Theatre
- Madagascar The Musical Adventure Junior Is Here!
- A Bit Of A Musical Nostalgia With Ijadu Le Afrika
- It's A Love Situation With The Hosea Inspired Gomeri