The Canteen is a café that serves a French cuisine. Their grand menu offers a range of light meals, full meals, snack platters and gourmet meals including burgers, chicken livers, Scottish salmon, beer battered fish and chips and steaks. Known as a hipster hangout, the café shows off a relaxing and intimate bar and dance floor setting to enjoy a meal and indulge in their famous jam-jar cocktails and homemade lemonade.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- The Creative Womxn Hookup - A Fashion Forum
- Jozi Coffee Cycle Tour
- Ladies Night Out Around The City
- Ugly Cry Night: An Affair To Remember
- You've Never Seen: Pan's Labyrinth
- LGBT Valentine's Roof Top Romance
- Super Cool Saturdays At The Living Room
- Super Cool Saturdays In The Living Room
- Super Cool Saturdays With Devil's Peak And Bloedlemoen Gin
- Super Cool Saturdays With Stretton's Gin
- Deep Town Jozi Featuring Kid Fonque And Kat La Kat
- RNSCE Presents City In The Sky
Set in the heart of an incredibly energetic city and art galleries, The Canteen is located on Arts on Main.
Venue Name:The Canteen
Arts on Main, 268 Fox Street, City and Suburban, Inner City, Johannesburg
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesday – Wednesday: 08h30 - 15h30, Thursday – Saturday: 08h30 - 23h00, Sunday: 08h30 - 15h30
Price Range:R200 for two
Type of Cuisine:Café
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 34 reviews
A very nice place to eat in the arts area. Prices are reasonable and the food quality was very good. A few vegan selections. Nice outdoor seating as well.
Residents of Johannesburg recommended a visit to Arts on Main. My daughter from Cape Town, Son & family resident in Johannesburg and myself went there on Sunday morning. Wonderful festive art & food...
I have been to a few place at Arts on Main and this just isn't one that I'd like be returning to, Not the best service & cant comment on the food as I left before ordering.