The Counter is a small business owned by two food lovers, with a focus to keeping everything simple, fresh, seasonal and offer locally sourced gourmet food.
Guests are offered fun roaming starters, which could be anything from toasted bruschetta topped with rocket, chillied feta, smoked chicken and crisp onions to main meals serving gourmet beef burger topped with soft white cheddar, slow roasted tomatoes, crisp bacon and handmade mayonnaise – served with parmesan and truffle skinny fries, to roaming desserts serving assorted handmade ice-lollies and brownies. The Deli sell their products in markets, festivals and restaurants around Jozi and provide gourmet catering for upmarket events.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- We Got The Jazz Featuring Melo B Jones
- The Townhouse Rooftop At Randlords
- Science & Cocktails: Bugs For Breakfast?
- The Orbit Comedy And Jazz Night
- Celebrate Youth Day At These Events
- KBYG Presents Music & Mantra
- Sarafina The Broadway Hit Musical
- The Liberation Concert At Joburg Theatre
- Africa Day Poetry Celebration
- Africa Week 2018
- The Origins Centre Visit
- African Flavour Festival
The Counter is a small intimate café at the famous Neighbourgoods Market, in the heart of Braamfontein.