The Whippet is formed around the ethos of a lifestyle approach to business; where they celebrate the butchers, the barristers, the bakers, the growers, the business men and women and the artists who make neighbourhoods tick. Pop into The Whippet for that first cup of premium roasted coffee and some breakfast in the morning, or feast on scrumptious cakes or a relaxed lunch.
All of the food is made from scratch and the newest addition to their menu is a range of gluten-free cakes. Going beyond the requirements of a normal coffee shop, The Whippet also offers barista courses for coffee enthusiasts, locally made and sourced designer products as well as cake Tuesdays!
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- Meet Mo Ouhtit From Emzo Bespoke
- Taste Destination Italy
- MusicFest at Amuse
- What's Up With Brian Lara Rum Eatery In Linden
- Joburg's Hidden Gems
- Battle Of The Burbs: Linden Vs Braamfontein
- Rosto Is Your New Italian Street Food Connection
- Basecamp, Linden's New Shared Office Space
- Fifty Five Linden Set To Bring Chic Apartment Living To The Up-And-Coming Neighbourhood Of Linden
- Tour The Culinary World Without Leaving Linden
- Linden's A La Bouffe Has A New Menu And We're Loving It
- Great Gin & Tonic Joints In Joburg
The Whippet is located in Linden.
Venue Name:The Whippet
34 Seventh street, Linden, 2198 Johannesburg, South Africa
Opening Hours:Mon – Thu 6:30 AM to 4 PM | Fri - 6:30 AM to 4:30 PM | Sat - 7 AM to 3 PM | Sun - Closed
Type of Cuisine:Café
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 157 reviews
tadiwa t Says:
The food was tasty, the service was terrible. Waited a long time for food and drinks as well as the bill. When the food arrived some of the orders we not as requested especially the eggs.
Jess D Says:
If you go solo dont expect a proper seat as they stuck you on this uncomfortable high chair which dont even fit under the counter so you have to sit lob sided in a very uncomfortable position. They...
Brilliant service, early open, good coffee, nice vibe and GREAT breakfast make for a good experience every time. Waiters make you feel at home and treat everyone as though they were a VIP