This small 200-seater theatre houses a variety of acclaimed productions and adds a phenomenal cultural dimension to the square. Over 450 productions – including plays, musicals, lunch hour and children’s theatre have been presented here in the last 15 years. In addition to this numerous corporate events, concerts, industrial theatre and a regular youth theatre training programme in the performing arts take place here.
The Theatre on the Square also boasts 24 Naledi nominations, four Naledi Winners and several awards for theatre excellence.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Joburg Wine Clubs Royal Red Party
- Ndumiso Lindi's Boys Don't Cry In July
- My Beauty Expo 2019
- Wine At The Nedbank CWG Showcase
- Celebrating World Whisky Day With The Iconic Striding Man
- Urban moyo Is Igniting The Live-Fire Experience
- Oil It Up At Hello Essentials Launch
- Raise the Ruff with Woodrock Animal Rescue
- Arnold Classic Africa 2019
- Cars, Coffee & Donuts At Sandton City
- Put Your Game Face On At Bring The Bravado Festival
- Round Off April On A High Note With A Lavish Picnic At The Maslow
The Auto & General Theatre on the Square (Formerly known as The Old Mutual Theatre on the Square) can be found in Nelson Mandela Square at Sandton City.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 14 reviews
This theatre reminds of days gone by from the moment you walk in. You can buy tickets online or at the door when you arrive; find your way down the stairs to the waiting area for the theatre where...
Its a small theater that puts on interesting and fun performances. Given all the restaurants around, its a great spot for a combination of dinner and a play. We have been to a couple of shows and...
Kenneth K Says:
We happened upon this theater by accident while walking around Mandela Square. It is a lovely theater with comfortable seating and good sight lines. we were actually met by the founder who was able...