This small 200-seater theatre houses a variety of acclaimed productions and adds a phenomenal cultural dimension to the square. Over 450 productions – including plays, musicals, lunch hour and children’s theatre have been presented here in the last 15 years. In addition to this numerous corporate events, concerts, industrial theatre and a regular youth theatre training programme in the performing arts take place here.
The Theatre on the Square also boasts 24 Naledi nominations, four Naledi Winners and several awards for theatre excellence.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- For Local Culinary Talent, Visit Maximillien Restaurant
- Rockets Man Opening In Sandton City This March
- Sandton Convention Centre Is Once Again Awarded Best Venue At The EXSA-llence Awards!
- Mandala Madness: Awakening
- The Prestigious Cell C Inanda Africa Cup Returns!
- 'Hot' Curry Spots Around The City
- Explore & Experience Moments Of Love At Sandton City This February
- Best Camera Shops Around Town
- Saint Takes On 2019 With A Bang
- And The Sandton City Summer Sale Is Finally Here!
- The Michael Jackson Tribute Show
- WIN Tickets To GrowUp Sandton!
The Auto & General Theatre on the Square (Formerly known as The Old Mutual Theatre on the Square) can be found in Nelson Mandela Square at Sandton City.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 14 reviews
This theatre reminds of days gone by from the moment you walk in. You can buy tickets online or at the door when you arrive; find your way down the stairs to the waiting area for the theatre where...
Its a small theater that puts on interesting and fun performances. Given all the restaurants around, its a great spot for a combination of dinner and a play. We have been to a couple of shows and...
Kenneth K Says:
We happened upon this theater by accident while walking around Mandela Square. It is a lovely theater with comfortable seating and good sight lines. we were actually met by the founder who was able...