Since 1973 the Carlton Centre has been the tallest skyscraper on the continent. At 223 metres, it deserves to be known as the Top of Africa. The building houses both offices and shops, and has over 46% of its floor area below ground level. The Carlton Centre was designed by the American architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill and cost over R88 million to build. Head to the observation deck and enjoy a panoramic view of the City of Gold.
- Jimmy Nevis Live At The Lyric
- What To Expect At The AFI Joburg Fashion Week 2018
- #Entertainment: Heritage Day Events
- Sinatra And Me At The Joburg Theatre
- Keep Cool With Frost Popsicles' Five New Flavours!
- Tour Of The 1897 House Called 'The View' (Joburg's Oldest)
- Sights, Sounds and Smells to Enjoy this Spring
- Freshlyground And The Soil Live At The Lyric Theatre
- Byskop An Outdoor Movie Experience
- Times Square Food Truck Festival
- Stellenbosch Wine LIVE in Joburg
- Tribal Flow
The Carlton Centre is a skyscraper with an observation deck, providing panoramic views from the 50th floor – which is known as the Top of Africa.
Venue Name:Top of Africa
150 Commissioner St, Johannesburg, 2107
Type of Fun:Family Fun
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 408 reviews
not to be missed. see development and history of Johannesburg . Great Vlaue for money. Amazing Views .
An observatory is a sense of pride in every country. For a tourist visiting from outside its an attraction that earns the city / establishment added revenue. But one has to manage the same with...
This stop was part of a day tour and helped us receive an overview of Johannesburg however it was not a highlight. The area is very tired and there is only one telescope. Doesn't take up much time...