Since 1973 the Carlton Centre has been the tallest skyscraper on the continent. At 223 metres, it deserves to be known as the Top of Africa. The building houses both offices and shops, and has over 46% of its floor area below ground level. The Carlton Centre was designed by the American architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill and cost over R88 million to build. Head to the observation deck and enjoy a panoramic view of the City of Gold.
- Celebrate Clarins.co.za's First Birthday With An Amazing 8-Piece Gift!
- Entertainment: Catch These Christmas Theatre shows December
- Top 10 Photographers To Follow On The 'Gram
- LGBTI Secret Location Party 2018
- Don't Miss These December Releases From Empire Entertainment
- #Entertainment: Our Summer To-Do List
- Ruby Software Developer Post
- Joburg Cares: Nkosi’s Haven Christmas Lunch
- Our Best Hangouts In The CBD
- Top Movies To Watch This December 2018
- Dial-A-Bed Is Bringing You An Amazing Black Friday Deal
- Augmented Soul: The New Sheriff's In Town
The Carlton Centre is a skyscraper with an observation deck, providing panoramic views from the 50th floor – which is known as the Top of Africa.
Venue Name:Top of Africa
150 Commissioner St, Johannesburg, 2107
Type of Fun:Family Fun
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 420 reviews
Went to try the view from this building's observatory as it was well known as a major Joburgh tourist attraction. When I went to the ticket kiosk, there was no one inside. The security...
What should be a nice place with great experience, there is only a view from dirty windows..... really sorry for the city of Johannesburg. It is a building full of history, once the highest in south...
Arlette Z Says:
Weather wasn't very nice the day we were there. But anyway we had a great view over Johnannesburg and the surrounding. With the lift you are very fast on the 50th floor of the Carlton Tower. Top of...