Known for being the best Chinese spot in the north, Yung Chen is a well-favoured restaurant for a quick Chinese bite. Their menu offers traditional Chinese food, for both vegetarians and meat lovers. Options range from the spicy salt and pepper tofu or the egg foo yung for vegetarians. Meat lovers can enjoy authentic chicken/beef chow mein or sweet and sour prawns, as well as chicken black bean with rice. Yung Chen’s food is fresh and reasonably priced, and placed in a comfortable setting.
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- Pippa J Winter Pop Up Shop
- #Kids: Aromadough in Craighall Park
- Joburg Now Has Its Very Own Winery!
- Companies That Deliver Alcohol
- Gin & Bubbly Party Festival at Hashtag Kitchen & Bar
- Greek Street Food With A Lot Of SOUL! - Soul Souvlaki
- Gin & Bubbly Festival
- Open Gardens Meander 2017
- Comfort Food Spots in Jozi
- Top Five Coffee Shops
- Izabelle Hammon Pop Up
- One Day Urban Yoga Retreat With A Very Special Guest
Yung Chen is located within Shepherd Market in Craighall.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 6 reviews
Supported this place for a long time. Used to be fresh and tasty. Ordered crispy beef and sweet and sour pork with fried rice. Sticky, too much ginger and way too much vinegar. Really awful. Sad to...
Yung Chen offers a nice variety of items on the (mainly) take away menu. It is however, possible to have a sit down meal at one of the few tables. Very neat eatery, excellent take aways!
Gary G Says:
This is a family run Chinese restaurant and take away. I am a long supporter of the owner of this business as he passionate, friendly and really puts a lot of effort into his business. Nothing is...