Since 1973 the Carlton Centre has been the tallest skyscraper on the continent. At 223 metres, it deserves to be known as the Top of Africa. The building houses both offices and shops, and has over 46% of its floor area below ground level. The Carlton Centre was designed by the American architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill and cost over R88 million to build. Head to the observation deck and enjoy a panoramic view of the City of Gold.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- MozamJozi New Year Beach Picnic
- The Illusionists South Africa Tour
- Book Your Holiday Getaway With African Pride Irene Country Lodge At R995!
- Join The Festive Cheer At Cresta Shopping Centre!
- Find The Perfect Gift At The SHF Festive Flash Sale
- NYE With Mesh
- Switch It Up This Christmas With Nintendo
- Bright Young Chefs Holiday Programme
- The Fantastic Grifizzi Brothers - The Story Of The Moon
- Christmas With The Welsh Male Voice Choir
- The Rosebank Christmas Night Market
- Christmas Carol Celebration
The Carlton Centre is a skyscraper with an observation deck, providing panoramic views from the 50th floor – which is known as the Top of Africa.
Venue Name:Top of Africa
150 Commissioner St, Johannesburg, 2107
Type of Fun:Family Fun
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 369 reviews
This is a favourite destination for visitors from overseas. Great views over Joburg, on a clear day that is. Worth a visit. For tourists fro overseas - Do remember that you are in Joburg centre, so...
Ken T Says:
I was blown away by the views of this city. The top floor had pictures on the wall detailing the past history. Also, there was guided pictures in the corners to let you know what direction you were...
Xolani C Says:
What a great experience...what moment to sit back and observe what is around us... The city and its surroundings are worth the view as much as the building is old and there are a few cracked...