Since 1973 the Carlton Centre has been the tallest skyscraper on the continent. At 223 metres, it deserves to be known as the Top of Africa. The building houses both offices and shops, and has over 46% of its floor area below ground level. The Carlton Centre was designed by the American architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill and cost over R88 million to build. Head to the observation deck and enjoy a panoramic view of the City of Gold.
- A Special Offer For Our Readers At Parc Fermé!
- Feel-Good Recipes To Keep You Warm
- John Legend Is Coming Back To SA!
- Top Photos From The Jozi Dust Storm
- Joburg, Get Ready For The Oyster, Wine & Food Festival At Montecasino This September
- Joburg Restaurateur, James Diack, To Open Fourth Restaurant
- Melrose Arch Kicks off A Two-Month Celebration Of Art
- WIN A High Tea For Two At The Palazzo Hotel
- WIN With Skoobs Champagne Bar
- WIN A Night Out For 2 At Montecasino
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly Oreo Showcases SA's Favourite Celeb Stories In Its Museum of Joy and Wonder
- The Parlotones @ Barnyard Theatre Cresta
- Open Gardens Meander 2017
The Carlton Centre is a skyscraper with an observation deck, providing panoramic views from the 50th floor – which is known as the Top of Africa.
Venue Name:Top of Africa
150 Commissioner St, Johannesburg, 2107
Type of Fun:Family Fun
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 350 reviews
wendy g Says:
This is a place I always take any international friends visiting from another country. Its affordable and has a brilliant 360 view of the whole of Joburg and the surrounds. It can be done within just...
Anne-Marie W Says:
We visited the tower to enjoy a nice Top View of Johannesburg. It needs a little search to find the Ticket booth in the center, but just ask one of the guards. The friendly staff in the booth offered...
Highest riser building in Africa. Offers nice views over the city. It's a pity the windows are dirty. Nothing else going on, only some dated information panels. Entry is difficult to find inside the...